Food provides energy for the body to function, having a well balanced diet plan that provides you with all the necessary healthy nutrients you need is very important but so is staying physically active and exercising regularly. These are the two most important ways to stay healthy and live an healthy life even at your old age.
Your balanced diet should include varieties of foods with the right amount of calories and nutrients needed to maintain a healthy weight without getting too much or too little of any one nutrient. Some of the most important nutrients your body needs are:
- Protein: very important for maintaining and rebuilding tissues such as muscles.
- Carbohydrate: this is the nutrient that provides the body with the much needed energy to function.
- Fat: which helps in building up good muscles and also providing energy to the body.
Depriving your body from having sufficient amount of these nutrients can disrupt the normal function of your body and negatively affect your health leading to other health related issues that might become life threatening.
A healthy eating plan should also include:
- Reducing the quantity of foods and beverages consumed with nutrient contents like refined carbohydrates, added sugars, and salt (sodium)
- Controlling how often you eat and the portion sizes per meal
- limiting the intake of foods with saturated fats and trans fats ( these are mostly found in desserts and fried foods)
Importance and Health Benefits of Physical Activity
The health benefits of physical activity to both the body and the mind are numerous. With the right combination of exercise routine you can easily help you in body building and maintaining a healthy body weight with strong bones. It can also help in reducing the risk of many other illnesses that comes with being overweight. Illnesses like cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke.
There are different ways to incorporate physical activities into your daily life, from visiting the gym every now and then to having a private trainer, to simply preferring to walk or jog to work instead of taking the bus.
Steps To Creating The Right Exercise Routine For You
- Firstly you will want to start out slowly and build up the activity level gradually over time usually with in a few months. This will help you avoid soreness, injuries and not reaching your goals.
- The second step is to pick out only activities you enjoy doing and find satisfying, the feeling of enjoyment and accomplishment will help boost your motivation thereby increasing your success level when it comes to alwaye being physically active. You will also want to make sure your chosen activities are compatible with your health, age and physical conditions.
- Incorporate these activities into your daily life and make it more convenient for you to carry them out. They can be things as simple as like gardening, walking, or jogging. You can also try cycling to work instead of taking the bus.
If you have health conditions like heart disease , high blood pressure or diabetes, it is important you talk to a professional medical adviser before you start with any regular physical activity. Your doctor can help you best choose the right kinds of exercises to carry out based on your interests and life style.