Ocular Nutrition is a dietary supplement first endorsed by radio commentator Paul Harvey in the late 1980s. Manufactured by Hi-Health, the supplement contains a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, herbs and phytochemical compounds that are purported to support eye health. While some research shows that these nutrients may be beneficial for your eyes, critics differ on who they can help, which and how much you should take, and whether or not Ocular Nutrition is a good choice at all. Talk to your doctor before taking any type of dietary supplement.
Ocular Nutrition is one of the most popular eye treatment products on the market today. It is used to nourish the eyes and protect against vision problems such as macular degeneration, which can lead to eventual blindness.
What is Ocular Nutrition and is it the best option?
It is an encapsulated dietary supplement that contains many different nutrients for eye health. Although it can help prevent eye problems, it may not be the best option for you for the following reasons:
1) Ocular Nutrition is very expensive. At just under $60 per bottle, there are only 25 servings in each. So you would have to spend over $60 for a one month supply, or almost $900 per year!
2) Ocular Nutrition is only helpful for eye health. So you will have to spend even more money to buy supplements for other health issues.
3) There are natural products with the same eye health ingredients which also have other vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other important nutrients to promote overall health and well-being.
4) Some of these natural products cost a lot less than Ocular Nutrition and actually give you more nutrients for eye health than Ocular Nutrition does.
Wholesome enhancements may help with some normal, minor eye medical procedure reactions or entanglements:
- Omega-3 unsaturated fats: These fundamental unsaturated fats found in fish, borage and flaxseed oil might be particularly useful after eye medical procedure. Omega-3s balance the body’s fiery reaction, advancing solace after medical procedure. They additionally bolster solid tear generation, which may help with normal eye medical procedure symptoms, for example, dry eye and eye floaters.
- Nutrient D: Eye medical procedure can once in a while cause photophobia, an outrageous affectability to splendid light. People battling with this issue may maintain a strategic distance from daylight inside and out, which may decrease their degrees of the “daylight nutrient,” Vitamin D. Dietary supplementation can keep up solid nutrient D levels for the individuals who are delicate to daylight after eye medical procedure.
- Phospholipids: Phosphatidylethanolamine, Phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylserine and sphingomyelin are a class of proteins known as polar phospholipids that are accessible in dietary enhancement structure. Phospholipids are known for enhancing the eye’s three tear film layers, an advantage that might be useful to those that experience dry eye after medical procedure, or who basically wish to advance an ideally hydrated eye wellbeing condition for recuperating the cornea.
- Turmeric: This zest gives curry its yellow shading has been appeared to have huge aggravation tweaking properties that may advance tear generation and eye comfort after medical procedure.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin: Foundation supplements for in general eye wellbeing, these plant-based cancer prevention agent carotenoids help to limit oxidative weight on the eye’s fragile tissues after medical procedure.
- These plant-based nourishing mixes streamline tear creation and bolster eye tissue wellbeing, and may help with the dry eye side effects, eye floaters and tear film gives a few people understanding after eye medical procedure.
Best Ocular Nutrition Supplements:
- Ocuvite Eye Vitamin and Mineral Dietary Supplement Soft Gels
Keep your eyes working at peak performance with Ocuvite Eye Vitamin and Mineral Dietary Supplement Soft Gels? This eye vitamin and mineral supplement contains eye-health supporting ingredients like lutein, (No Suggestions), and omega-3s. They help to keep your eyes healthy as you age. Offered in an easy-to-take soft gels, these vitamins do not contain any of the eight major allergens.
· Dr. Mercola, Eye Support
One of your most precious senses is your eyesight. It’s easy to take the gift of sight for granted, until it starts to fail. But now you can say goodbye to your worries about nutrition for eye health! Antioxidants Are Key to Supporting Your Eye Health! The job of an antioxidant compound is to neutralize dangerous free radicals in your body. Free radicals that are formed in the fat or lipid sections of the body are handled by the fat-soluble antioxidants. Those that are formed in the watery or aqueous sections of your body are handled by the water-soluble antioxidants.
· Vision Support Formula Supplement
Vision Support by Best Earth Naturals is specially formulated with special eye vitamins including, Lutein, Vitamin A, Zinc, Bilberry, Grape Seed, Quercetin, L-taurine, N-Acetyl & L-cysteine. With age, our eyes go through many changes, leading to a decline in vision. We can’t stop the aging process; however, certain nutrients can help promote eye health and support clearer vision. Vision Support is intended to help support clear vision and supply vital eye care nutrients for the production of new cells. Vision Support Formula is also formulated with antioxidants to help protect eyes from oxidation. Make Best Earth Naturals Vision Support Formula a vital part of your daily eye care routine.